Part Time - Telecommunications
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Individuals who are currently unemployed aged 19+ seeking to enter employment in the telecommunications industry.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
Learners should have a good level of English no formal qualifications are required.
HOW MUCH DOES THE TRAINING COST?
This course is fully funded by the government for those unemployed, aged 19+ and actively seeking work.
HOW WILL THIS QUALIFICATION IMPROVE MY CAREER PROSPECTS?
For those that wish to enter the industry the qualification provides the basic principles of telecommunications to the required industry standard although no formal working with copper and fibre optic cabling.
WHAT WILL I STUDY ON THE COURSE?
City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principals (7540)
This qualification has 2 mandatory units, Health and Safety in ICT and Develop Own Effectiveness and Professionalism, plus a choice of optional units below to make a total of 48 credits:
- Technical Advice and Guidance
- Customer Care in ICT
- Working with ICT Hardware and Equipment
- Technical Fault Diagnosis
- Testing ICT Systems
- Using Email
- Copper Cabling and Fibre Optic.
Course Enrichments (the qualifications listed below are depending on government funding and therefore may not be available)
City & Guilds 3667 Award in Communications Cabling: Copper and data cabling – installation, terminating and testing and Fibre Optics – installation, joining and testing fibre optic cabling
- Functional Skills English
- Completed CV to industry standard
- Job Search – industry related
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
14 weeks, 2 days per week Tuesday and Wednesday or Thursday and Friday, at our training centres in Gateshead, Stockton and Leeds.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Assessment is a combination of written end assignments and on-line tests, which produce evidence of activities against criteria/awarding body standards.
For further information contact email@example.com Or telephone 01642 804000
- For those that wish to enter the industry the qualification provides the basic principles of telecommunications to the required industry standard working with copper and fibre optic cabling.
- 14 weeks, 2 days per week Tuesday and Wednesday or Thursday and Friday, at our training centres in Gateshead, Stockton and Leeds.
Receive updates on new courses