Fees and Funding
If you’re thinking about studying at CableCom Training Ltd you need to consider three main issues:
- Will I have to pay my own course fees?
- Will I get financial help with the costs of study including travel, childcare and meals?
- If I take out a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan, how much will the loan repayments be?
The good news is that a lot of learners get financial support towards the cost of studying. For example:
- Learners aged 16-18 do not pay any course fees
- Learners age 19 + do not have to pay to study basic or GSCE English and Maths who have not already achieved GCSE A-C.
- Learners age 19 + in receipt of unemployment benefits/universal credits do not usually pay course fees.
- Learners accessing a 24 + Advanced Learning Loan: If you’re over 24 and want to study a Level 3 or Level 4 qualification, you can apply for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan to cover the costs of the course fees. Getting a loan doesn’t depend on your household income and there’s no credit check. You won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning £21,000 a year. Once you earn over this amount you pay back 9% of the earnings you receive above this figure. In order to apply and check your eligibility speak with our Office Manager on 01642 804000.
The repayment amounts for 24+ Learning Loans:
|Annual income before tax||up to £21,000||£22,000||£25,000||£30,000||£35,000|
- Many of our learners receive support towards their travel, study and childcare expenses via our Discretionary Learner Support Fund. If you’re aged 19 plus or over, on a further education course and facing financial hardship, you could be eligible;how much you may receive depends on your circumstances. The money can help pay for things like, accommodation and travel, course equipment and materials and childcare, if you qualify.
The financial support you can receive depends on your age, the level of course you will be studying and your family/personal income. Some support is accessed through us and some you will need to apply to other organisations, e.g. Student Loans Company.
We have summarised what is available below for you and we will be happy to provide you with further information.
The Deal – Your Part
With funding come rules. They are:
- Funding is awarded for one academic year. If you are on a two year course or come back next year for another course you will need to apply again. This is because circumstances change and sometimes Government changes what we receive too.
- You have to be enrolled on your course before your funding starts.
- You will need to maintain a minimum attendance of 95% to continue receiving the support throughout your course. Getting financial help is dependent on you meeting the attendance, punctuality and behavior expected as set of out in the company charter/Learning Agreement.
If you are having any difficulties then speak to your tutor as soon as you can.
The Deal – Our Part
- To apply for financial support from us, you will need to complete an application/eligibility/enrolment form. You will have access to this when you apply for your course or attend one of our course information days.
- We know how important financial support is so we will always aim to make prompt payments. At busy times we will prioritise those in most need.
- If for any reason you are not happy with your award, speak to our Office Manager on 01642-804000 who can explain how the application has been assessed.
We have an obligation to make sure the funds given to us to support learners are distributed fairly and reach those who need it most which is why we ask for detailed information at application/enrolment. If, following investigation a claim is considered to be fraudulent we will ask for any money awarded to be repaid in full and may take court action.
If your employer has agreed to pay your fees and you would like us to invoice them then please speak with our Client Discovery & Development Manager or Office Manager on 01642-804000.
Please note the information provided on this page is based on current government guidelines and figures and may be subject to change.
- Free car parking at any of our training centres.
- Free Careers advice: we offer a free and impartial careers service to all our learners and prospective learners who need help in deciding what to study or where to progress to after completing a course with us. We can help with: careers advice, CV writing and job applications and applying for Apprenticeships.
- Access to our employment zone which will provide you with job alerts and opportunities.
Receive updates on new courses